Friday, October 17, 2014

1st Quarter Blog Reflection

     Throughout the first quarter I have become more aware of what is happening in the world today. Specifically I've learned a lot through the AoW's that we have done. The two that I have learned the most about and have developed the most were the articles on ISIS and Ebola. ISIS progressed throughout the year through threats upon the US and other nations. I first heard of them after the beheading of an american reporter and gained further knowledge after reading the article on it. I first learned about Ebola I think through the article. I learned about the quarantine and how many people were dying. We even reflected on whether or not we should be concerned. And now Ebola is in the US.
     My methods of research and finding arguments has improved throughout the first quarter. I am able to find evidence and arguments to support a claim or idea the the author or speaker is saying to the reader or audience. In a speech by Malala's father, we had to find arguments and write a sentence about what the main point in the paragraph was. It comes much more easier now to me because we have practiced it so many times.
     I am currently on my 5th book for the 40 book challenge. My reading ability has much improved before and throughout the quarter. I am now reading more and able to better understand and comprehend what I have read. In this past month I took the MAP test for selective enrollment high schools and there were challenging things on the test. I had a better time though than I would have before and since then I have learned some of the things I was more confused about. Since that test I was very interested in finding out the things that I had not learned yet.
     


1 comment:

  1. What did you find challenging on the MAP test? Let me know if I can help!

    ReplyDelete