Monday, February 24, 2014

Reflective Blog

        Since September of 2013 to now, February of 2014 I have shown good growth. In our first blogs I was a lot more careless. I would make simple grammar and spelling mistakes. I think from writing blogs and reflecting on AoW's I have gained better grammar. Then from vocal tests and reading I have gained better spelling skills. My word choice has also increased. I used to use much more simple words such as "scared" or "mad" instead of "frightened" and "furious". For the rest of 3rd quarter and 4th quarter I will still work on more complex words, more depth on the characters or their actions, my feeling toward things in the book and textual evidence to support my opinions.
        My favorite blog this year was the assignment where we had to summarize the book from the point of view from one of the characters. I liked this one because it showed how much we are capable of. In this blog I wrote five solid paragraphs from different parts of the book. This blog also shows improvements in grammar, spelling and word choice. I think it shows how I have grown from writing a 3 paragraph summary to a 5 paragraph story. Before it was just a picture for media. Now there are two pictures and a video that is connected to the book. It also includes links to websites that have to do with what the character is talking about. I think this blog is the best because it shows are capability at the beginning where we were still in a more 6th grade mindset to how much more capable we are of producing great things a few moths later in a 7th grade mindset. Below you will find one of my first blogs and then right under there is one of my more recent blogs. 

Here is an example of one of my first blogs


Here is an example of my favorite blog more recent





        

No comments:

Post a Comment