Tuesday, February 18, 2014

"Fear of the Dark"



It Reads:

Puzzled
light no longer
There was no one
alone in the darkness
unable to face
silence of the night
close to fear
closer with every breath

         The theme of this poem is alone in the dark. When I was younger I was scared of the dark. I wouldn't go to the basement by myself and if I did I turned on all the lights immediately. I felt like this describes being alone in the dark. I had "no light" and "fear" which was probably the two biggest things to do with the dark. I thought that by making a dark setting it adds to the affect of the poem. The person is clearly alone. But since it is night there is a moon. But I made the moon like a dark blue or black to add to the sense of fear. The main idea is basically talking about the dark and what comes with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment