Thursday, January 16, 2014

Percy Jackson and The Olympians: The Titans Curse: Week of 1-13-13

Title: Percy Jackson and The Olympians: The Titans Curse
Author: Rick Riordan
Pages Read: 0-Finish (1-312)
Prompt: Do you like what you’re reading? Why or why not?

*Spoiler Alert*

     I like what I am reading. I feel like the books get better the farther you get in the series. I like that its a lot of action and adventure. I like that its based off of Greek Mythology. I thing the author Rick Riordan does a good job getting a lot of the facts right about greek mythology. I like that he continues to add more characters through out the books. My favorite character is Percy. He isn't as well trained or strong as all the rest of the heroes but he is smart and cares a lot about his friends. They say thats his weakness but he gets mad because he doesn't feel like thats a weakness but it may be. It seems like a lot of things get blamed on him and he feels bad and wishes he could do more.
     I also like the relationships he has with the characters. The author also does a good job rising suspense. The Titan Lord Kronos is rising from the dead and he is getting a massive army. Percy is expected to have to face him in a fight. He doesn't like the pressure but he doesn't want anyone else to have to worry about it so he accepts the fact that he will have to fight Kronos.
     In the book Percy gets Annabeth captured by the enemy. Thalia blames him for this. So there is a quest to find Annabeth and Artemis who both have been captured by Luke who used to be their friend but now serves the evil Titan Lord Kronos. Percy sneaks along because he feels like he must save his friend. His younger friend who they found ask Percy to protect his sister who is also going. They save Annabeth and Artemis but two people died and one of them was the little boys sister. He now hates Percy and they find out he is a son of Hades but they will keep it secret. Now they know this prophecy about the fall or victory of olympus is about Percy for sure because Thalia joins the hunt which stops her from aging because she becomes immortal so it has to be about Percy.













3 comments:

  1. I commented on Stanley, Gabe and Amelia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are reading a really good book. I have read other books by Rick Riordan and the book was also based on Greek Mythology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NIce blog. I also like when authors are true to the topic they are writing about. I don't like when authors change things because it makes it confusing and not as good in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete