Thursday, May 8, 2014

FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME: Week of 5-5-14


Title: FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME
Author: Michael Jordan
Pages read: 50-77
Pompt:  • Make an interpretation of the passage – may be a picture, symbols, graphic

organizer.


I chose this image because all through Michael Jordan's life he was either being picked up or trying to help others. Also this shows how individuals care and trust each other. Michael Jordan had to put a lot of trust into others and had to be able to make sure others trusted him. I know most people would probably expect a basketball. But in the book Michael talks about when he became a man he realized how basketball opened his life for him and showed him how important all everything in his life was. The first example I have was when coach Phil Jackson first came to the team. He introduced a new offense that got the whole team involved. 

At first Jordan thought it wasn't going to go well. In fact the whole team thought that. But they had to trust their coach. When they ran through the offense teams had to worry about all the players because the offense allowed all their players to score. This led to more points for Jordan actually. This is because they couldn't double Jordan as easily and the offense improved him. I think the biggest friendship and "I got your back" idea in the book was his relationship with Magic Johnson. Magic Johnson ended up getting the HIV virus. Magic called Michael and told him everything. About how he was going to retire and fight the virus.

I felt this truly showed trust and help because Jordan talked about if that happened to him he wouldn't talk to anyone. So I think Magic told his true friends so that they could help him get through and so he would know he would have people behind him. I really like this book. I learn a lot of interesting facts about Michael Jordan. By reading this book I learned how much more of a hard worker and great player Michael Jordan was than I ever thought. After reading so far (and I'm not done) I find it hard how anyone can question whether Jordan was the Greatest Player Ever. In my perspective there is no question about it. This book is amazing because I get to learn about my favorite player ever.






3 comments:

  1. I commented on Steven, Stanley, and Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the gifs on this post. Also, good job! I liked reading about the NBA players.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog. I like all the different pictures you included and how you explained the relationship between Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan.

    ReplyDelete