Thursday, May 1, 2014

FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME: Week of 4-28-13

Title: FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME
Author: Michael Jordan
Pages read: 1-50
Pompt: Describe a character that you would like to meet (which doesn’t mean that you
think you would like the character, but that you think the character would be
interesting). List 4 questions that you would ask.

My book is an autobiography written by Michael Jordan himself. So of course he is the character I would like to meet. Before this book I already knew a lot about Michael before this book but now I know even more information. I like this book because he tells about what he went through specifically and tells about more specific details of his career. For example in the 84-85 season he was fined $5,000 dollars every time he wore his black and red Nike Air Jordan 1's because they did not specifically match the uniform of white and red.

I have also learned of some of his toughest moments in his career. In his 85-86 season he broke his navicular bone in his left foot. When Jordan felt he was healthy enough Jerry Krause and Jerry Reindorf didn't want him to play. He found out they were trying to lose games in order to get an early draft pick. Jordan was restricted to 7 minutes a half when he came back yet he was practicing for 2 hours. One game there was 32 seconds left and the game was tied but Jordan had already played his minutes. The coach was told if he played even a minute extra he would be fired. So all the fans began to boo the coach for benching Jordan.

If I met Michael Jordan I would probably be speechless and not be able to say a word. I would have millions of things to ask. If I had to choose for my first would be what was the best thing you ever did to up your game. The next question I would ask would be how he was able to come over his struggles and move on. I would also ask what techniques he used to get open on offense and to be one step ahead on defense. My last question would be how did it feel winning a sixth title and what was the most important thing you did to get there. If I had one more I would ask for a pair of shoes. I chose these questions because I would like to learn how the greatest ever was able to improve his basketball skills, get over injuries and stuggles, and how to become a better player. He is my favorite player ever so 4 questions is really hard to limit myself to.

6 comments:

  1. I commented on Stanley, Elenia, and Steven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog. I like how you summarize the book. It helps me understand what you are talking about. You do a good job of describing Michael Jordan and questions you would ask him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog. Thank you for summarizing the book, and summarizing Mike's life. You give great reasoning as to why you would ask those questions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog, I like how you gave examples from his career and the challenges he had to face. You had some good questions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so dumb how they would fine him for wearing his Nike Air Jordan 1's! I think it's really funny how the fans booed the coach for benching him, that's what I would've done, too. I can understand how it's hard to limit yourself to just those 4 questions and if it were my idol I would be speechless to. I like how mentioned how you would ask for a pair of shoes! Somehow, I'm not surprised. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know for a fact that Michael Jordan has impacted millions of lives and the way basketball played. I feel that anybody who enjoys playing or watching basketball must admit that Jordan was one of the best. I have to agree that being limited to only 4 questions to one of the people you might just look up the most to (literally and metaphorically) is a difficult thing.

    ReplyDelete