Thursday, May 15, 2014

FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME: Week of 5-12-14


Title: FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME
Author: Michael Jordan
Pages read: 77-(110)Finish
Pompt:• If you were the author, what would you change? Why?

If I was Michael Jordan the thing I would change would be to make the book a little more chronologically ordered. I would choose to change this because I felt like at some times in the book he would refer to something that would happen later. He also would talk about situations on earlier pages and then refer to them on later pages. I think for readers who don't know as much about Michael Jordan it would be easier for them if it was almost completely chronological. But I think Jordan did a great job explaining everything. Even if he would refer to a topic that was out of order on a timeline when he referred to it, it was to support a point. This is I think the first autobiography I have read on my own, meaning I chose to read this book.

This book was really good for me. I usually think about biographies or autobiographies as boring and lots of facts. Though after reading this I realize how interesting biographies and autobiographies can be. I think if I want to read these types of books I will have to choose books on people's whose lives I find interesting. At the end of the book Jordan tells about the teams struggles and positives. The main struggle for a while on the team before and after Jordan came back from retirement was that everyone thought they could do it themselves. Meaning that they thought they should have been the stars and what the offense would run through, which caused disruption to the team.

The reason Jordan came back an won another 3 titles was because of Phil Jackson. Jordan talks aout how all the players on the team liked him. Jackson really knew how to incorporate everyone in the offense so that it worked best for every player on the team. He also knew how to make every player better and improve their on court action. This book taught me a lot of lessons. A lot of the book are just lessons from Michael Jordan that he learned through his life. His life was a lot of havoc and confusion. During all this he learned lots of things. These lessons he reflects in this book and I will make sure to remember them. This was a great book.


1 comment:

  1. I commented on Gabe, Citlalli, and Nadrian.

    ReplyDelete