Thursday, October 24, 2013

Unstoppable: Week of 10-21-13


Title: Unstoppable
Author: Tim Green
Pages Read: 184-261
Prompt: Analyze how your feelings change as you read this story and why.
                     SPOILER ALERT

     First in the beginning of the story my feelings were sympathy because the main character, Harrison was being mistreated and abused by his foster parents. They would make him work all day and would wip him if he did anything wrong. Then it only got worse. He got separated from them and was sent to a juvenile facility where he found out his birth mother had passed away.
     Then I felt very happy and excited. This was because he was sent to good foster parents who cared about him and really love him. He joins the football team and he is a star. They made it to the championship. That week before the championship he gets hurt. He gets sent in for an MRI and then my feelings change again.
     My feelings get to anticipation because they find out he has bone cancer. The had to remove his leg form the knee down. A friend of Harrison's Dad who he was in the war with also lost his leg and is helping Harrison get through the whole process. He helps him exercise and he is going through chemotherapy and the whole process of it. I am anticipating the finish of the story.

2 comments:

  1. I commented on Stanley, Gabe, and Carlos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you describe your feelings. It makes me want to read the story when you have strong emotions while reading it.

    ReplyDelete