Thursday, April 23, 2015

Tuesdays With Morrie

What are your initial reactions to what you have read in Tuesdays with Morrie thus far? One of the main themes developing in Tuesdays with Morrie is not to take your life for granted. Based on this premise, what is on your Bucketlist? You can write a paragraph leading up to a bulleted list of what you would like to do/accomplish in your life.

Tuesdays With Morrie has been an easy, yet highly enjoyable read. What I really like is the fact that it is a true story, not some fictional character. I'm learning about a real person who really did teach these morals and learn these things. It makes it easier to connect to the story and learn morals from the book. Not only this, but how crazy that Mitch actually ever went back to visit his old professor in the first place. He happened to see him on the TV, which chances are that was really rare and because of that I'm guessing it changes his life. The future is what I'm really looking forward to. In the book, Mitch turns out to be about money and his job. It takes over his life and that is exactly what Morrie had warned his students not to do. I think after Morrie passes away and even while he is still alive that Mitch will change his lifestyle because of Maurie. 



Morrie has been a person, who I find very interesting. The way he carries himself and lives his life is inspiring. Yet I understand some of the concepts that he is telling Mitch. For example when he says that he is lucky and Mitch is confused I understood it the more I thought about it. He is lucky because he knows he is going to die so he gets to decide how he is going to live out his life and picks who he wants to see before he dies. While others who die suddenly or at a young age don't get to see certain people before they die and don't get to say goodbye to all those they care about. Another part I found really intriguing about Morrie was when he cried about people dying across the world. Nowadays we see death on the news and hear about it all the time, yet it is so normal to us that no one really cries unless the person is famous or close to them. When Morrie cried it was odd to me, he didn't know them at all. It really made me think and its still stuck with me. 

This book has really made me think about celebrities and the media. Mitch follows them and reports about them, but I think when he writes about how they do nothing for us it got to me. I mean we idolize all these people and yet they have never done anything for us, and we have never seen them. I mean its crazy the way our society works. The people who do all these things for us everyday, we take for granted. The stars we see on TV we buy shirts of, buy their things, and praise them, even though we've never meet them. They have done nothing for us. This book really for the first time made me think about that to a further extent.


Okay I have never seriously thought about a bucket list or written anything down. To me it seems like something to do when I get older or not really something I have too much interest in. For me I want to get through school and find a career before I plan out crazy things or interesting things I want to do. I mean I'm sure as I get older I'll have more interest and want to do things but right now I don't have too much. Since I have to make a list I guess here it is:


-Go to a Super Bowl (Hopefully the Bears make it)

-Meet Michael Jordan
-Go to a Kendrick Lamar concert
-See the Wall of China
-Start a shoe collection
-Go to college on a scholarship or with help
-Play basketball in college
-Go to Carnival in Brazil
-Coach basketball one day (any level I guess)
-Dunk (especially on someone)
-Zip Line
-Bungie Jumping
-Go on a cruise
-Buy my parents and grammas better houses or improve them
-Sit court side at a bulls game
-Run a marathon



No comments:

Post a Comment