Thursday, January 8, 2015

1-8-15: When was the last time you did something for the first time?

Prompt: When was the last time you did something for the first time?

The last big thing I did for the first time was probably watch a scary movie. When I was in 6th grade I went to Gabe's house for halloween. At that point I had always been scared and never wanted to watch scary movies. On that day when we were done we came back from trick or treating we were going to watch a basketball game or something. Instead Gabe's dad ended up wanting us to watch a scary movie. It was me and my group of friends and all of us were scared. The movie we decided to end up watching was the Nightmare on Elm Street. Now me personally would rather watch the movies where people are haunted by ghosts or like "demonic things" but we watched that movie. It was so fake looking because it was from like 1980 or 90 something. Still it was pretty scary since there was a bunch of blood and weird things happening.

The whole movie we had a competition for who wouldn't look away from the TV so it made it a little more fun. The thing was that most of my friends had pillows ready to cover their eyes so it was kind of funny. The movie was just a slasher one and it didn't make much sense. After that everyone had to go home and everybody was all paranoid since they had just watched a scary movie. No one really wanted to go home or in that case go to sleep at all because in the movie Freddy Krueger attacked them when they were asleep. So that just added to the fact that everyone was already scared and paranoid. There were some rumors that some kids slept with their parents but I was actually fine when I went home and went to bed. I think it mostly had to do with the fact that I was tired. But I do think I was probably a little scared for some reason.

That wasn't really the movie that got me to be like oh man I love scary movies or make me want to watch them in general. Then a little while later at my gramma's house we watched Insidious and I couldn't remember it too well because I must not have been paying too much attention. So even after that I still resented watching scary movies. Then one day my uncle came over and he really wanted to watch The Conjuring. At the time I was really scared and didn't want to watch it because everyone who had seen it said it was really scary and that got me really scared. But when ended watching it and it turned out I really liked it. It was very creepy and had a lot of action and scary scenes but I actually liked it. So after that I was more open to scary movies. Since I was more open I watched the Blaire Witch Project, which was creepy, and I think I tried watching The Possession but didn't finish it. After those two I actually wanted to watch scary movies. Finally I watched Insidious 2 and Paranormal Activity 4 this last year. I find being frightened and anticipation, exciting so now I like those kinds of movies.

2 comments:

  1. It's interesting to see your scary movie transformation! What has been the scariest movie you've ever seen?

    ReplyDelete