Thursday, April 17, 2014

OMAM: Week of 4-14-14

Title: Of Mice and Men
Author: John Steinbeck
Pages: 37-98
Prompt: How has your feelings changed as you've been reading? 

My feelings throughout the book have changed towards the characters. Especially towards Candy and Crooks. I think since there stories have caused such sadness that I've felt more and more sympathy towards them. Especially Crooks when he talks about the loneliness in his life. Candy is very sad and I am glad that George and Lennie are allowing him in on the deal.

My feelings for Lennie and George's relationship has also changed. I feel now like they are more like brothers. Earlier I felt like George was a real jerk to Lennie. Then I've seen how much he cares and helps Lennie. I also see how much Lennie depends and trusts George. It shows how their relationship is more evolved than I thought and shows how they are more like brothers then friends. 

Throughout the book I have learned more on the lives of migrant workers from the 1930s. I feel this book is an excellent source of history. It also tells a story which gets the reader interested. So then the reader enjoys the story and at the same time learns about the past. I like the different personalities and physical features of all the characters. I feel like they all fit into the story pretty well.

4 comments:

  1. Nice blog. You do a good job telling how and why your feelings changed while reading. I agree with what you said that George and Lennie are more like brothers now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commented on Carlos, Gustavo, and Citlalli.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good blog this week. I liked how you described your feelings throughout the book in great detail. I also liked how you added in what you learned while you were reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd have to agree with you on the fact that their relationship is more like siblings. I enjoy how they are able to be together yet not be effected by the comments of others. I myself am a fan of historical fiction, and this seems to be one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete